Released 4/11/13 Teacher Version 220.127.116.11
- Fixed bug when copying labs from one student to another (lab list didn’t display correctly)
Released 3/23/13 Teacher & Student Version 18.104.22.168
- Fixed bug that caused some of the sliders to turn a section of a lab on/off not to work in the teacher’s version
- Fixed bug that prevented a lab from opening if one or more sections where turned off in the student version.
Released 3/18/13 Teacher & Student Version 22.214.171.124
- Ability to enter your own proxy information
- Separate applications for teacher and student to allow upgrades to be made on the teacher side without having to update student application on all student computers
- Ability to lock and unlock a individual student’s lab without archiving the entire lab in the teachers account
- Adding section for observations instructions
- Adjusted font on printout to standard font to stop issues with copy/paste from Word
- Expandable cells and ability to merge cells in data table so that you can see everything in each cell
- Specific data field for hypothesis
- Ability to turn input fields on and off (so students don’t even see them when you don’t need them to – for example when a hypothesis wouldn’t be appropriate for a lab)
- Merger student reports together in addition to current copy from student to student feature
- Allowing teachers to access the backup student lab reports and restore them
- Updating spell check to use 3rd party extension (better and faster than my “homemade” solution)
Released 10/5/11 Version 126.96.36.199
- Fixed glitch that caused student lab to not appear when they went to the screen to view their teacher’s comments
Released 10/4/11 Version 188.8.131.52
- When adding comments to a student lab, teacher can assign points to each section and points are automatically totaled and saved with the lab
- Scroll bars are on each student screen to accommodate mini-computer usage
- Screen teachers use to comment and students use to view comments reconfigured for easier reading
- Students labs are now sent to back-up (only Kelly can get one out of back-up right now. That funcationality will be added to the teacher side ASAP)
- Fixed glitch where apostrophes didn’t show up when printing student lab
- Added student hour next to their name when printing student lab
Released 8/3/11 Version 184.108.40.206
- Teachers can now pre-fill any area of the student lab by entering in the teacher’s side. When the student’s create the lab for the first time, the pre-filled information is placed in the student file.
Released 8/27/10 Version 220.127.116.11
- Fixed following glitches:
- Some strange thing went on with only a handful of labs where data table was saved in multiple database fields
Released 10/20/09 Version 18.104.22.168
- Fixed following glitches:
- Deleting students
- Spell check
- Copying lab from student to student
- Viewing printable version of student lab from teacher interface within web version of SDL
- Put back in capability of students to include an image with their lab.
Released 8/13/09 Version 22.214.171.124
- Fixed the glitch when an apostrophe is in a lab or lab instructions
Released 7/22/09 Version 126.96.36.199
- Programming is now completely through the RunRev language (no more php files). Teachers and students won’t notice a difference in this–just easier programming from now on!
- The teacher interface is now a tabbed interface rather than a menu-driven interface to provide consistency between win and mac and stop problems of mac students being able to access the teacher menu.
Released 11/17/08 Version 188.8.131.52
- Fixed copy lab from student to student problems
- Added ability for teacher to print a list of materials students are requesting for a lab (will work on making it fancier and more functional later…right now it’s just a list of all students for that lab).
Released 11/10/08 Version 184.108.40.206
- Glitches with things not showing up on the screen when you are viewing the inbox
Released 11/10/08 Version 220.127.116.11
- Students can now turn in labs to an electronic “inbox” and teachers can see what’s in their “inbox”
Released 10/24/08 Version 18.104.22.168
- Students and teachers can use Superscript & subscript by using buttons on each screen.
- Students & teachers can now use any character (including quotes, >, etc.)
- Fixed spell-check bug
Released 10/22/08 Version 22.214.171.124
- Fixed bug where student images “disappeared” when they logout from the second to last screen.
- Included the image in the back-up system
- Fixed copy student-to-student function so that it copies the image as well.
- Put student ability to change their password back in.
Released 10/21/08 Version 126.96.36.199
- Fixed a bug when students begin a brand new lab from the start from Version 188.8.131.52
Released 10/20/08 Version 184.108.40.206
- Added a “Wizard” for setting up the results section during the first step of the lab design process.
Released 10/12/08 Version 220.127.116.11
- Fixed bug from version 18.104.22.168 where students viewing with teacher comments appeared to have lost their lab info.
Released 9/25/08 Version 22.214.171.124
- Added a “progress meter” across the top so kids can see where they are in the process.
- Students can now add images, graphs, etc. to their lab
Released 9/18/08 Version 126.96.36.199
- Stopped the chance of appearing like data is lost when it really wasn’t
- Teachers can view in printable format any student’s lab
- Only one version needed–a school can choose their specific proxy settings from a pull-down menu.
Released 3/5/08 Version 188.8.131.52
- Fixed error in spell-check when I sped it up 2 versions ago
- Changed formatting of how students see teacher instructions during design to minimize extraneous load
Released 2/22/08 Version 184.108.40.206
- Bold, Italics, Underline
Released 2/8/08 Version 220.127.116.11
- Speed of opening program with Spell-Check greatly improved!
Released 1/18/08 Version 18.104.22.168
- Spell-check added
Released 1/9/08 Version 22.214.171.124
- Fixed programming bug in steps 7 & 8 of student lab interface
Released 1/8/08 Version 126.96.36.199
- There’s a check-system to make sure that a student’s information really is saved before moving to the next screen
- The change-student account button is fixed
- Teacher interface is now menu-driven
Released 12/19/07 Version 188.8.131.52
- Fixed glitch in new programming that switched around materials, safety and procedure information when you viewed lab info under a teacher’s account
Released 12/10/07 Version 184.108.40.206
- Now runs off php programming, so no open ports are needed at all!
Released 12/4/07 Version 220.127.116.11
- It now runs off port 80, so it should work even if your IT people have ports closed down.
Released 11/28/07 Version 18.104.22.168
- It’s now on my own server, so it’s not necessary to whitelist yourself anymore
Released 11/8/07 Version 22.214.171.124
- allows teacher to create as many student accounts at one time as they’d like (rather than one at a time).
Released 11/6/07 Version 126.96.36.199
- fixed bug in viewing/making comments on student lab online.
Released 10/31/07 Version 188.8.131.52:
- each teacher has the option when “saving” a lab to share it with all other users or those in their school (right now, 4 of the 5 of mine that I do first semester in chemistry are shared for all to see—I still need to put the 5th one in the system).
- teachers can view labs from those that chose to share them through the Teacher Main Menu & you can copy a shared lab into your own account & then edit it.
- the student interface now has an area for recording observations as well as the data table
- the “Analysis/Calculations” section has been renamed to “Analysis, Calculations, Trend Recognition, etc.” to be more flexible for those that don’t do calculations often
- the function of a teacher commenting online about a student’s lab report and the student seeing those teacher comments online is now complete